By using this Site you acknowledge that we will use your information in the United States and any other country in which we operate.
Please be advised that the privacy laws vary from country to country. Therefore, we only engage in the practices described in this policy if such practices are permitted under the laws of your country or region.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow the use of our Site by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will take steps to delete such information.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
Because we need it, sort of. FIT BY A.D.® collects your personal information to provide, operate, manage, maintain, and enhance the online experience, the Site, and the functions available to our Users.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the collected information to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations)
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us
- Maintain your Order Information for our records when you place an order through the Site, unless you ask us to delete this information.
- Provide customer service
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- To provide customer service
- To notify you when the Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To develop and provide search, learning, and productivity tools and additional features.
- To communicate through email about special offers or services, products or newsletters, changes in our services or offerings. We will only send you these emails if you permit us, and you may choose to stop receiving them at any time. You will always have the opportunity to opt-out from receiving email communications from us. Opt-out information is provided with every email by clicking on the link and following the instructions provided.
- As required by applicable law, legal process, or legal obligation.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone, ever!
How Will We Disclose Your Information?
There are times where we may disclose your personal information without restriction:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Shopify who powers our online store.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger, sale, or other corporate reorganization.
- With our local or international service providers to make sure we can adequately communicate with you.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Please note that we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How Long Will We Keep Your Information?
Not forever, but for as long as we have a valid reason to keep it, and per your instructions. When retaining your personal information, we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be, and any legal requirements. We design our services so that we do not hold your information any longer than we need.
Certain aspects of your personal information associated with your account may be publicly displayed to other users of the Site. These users may see information such as your name, country, profile photograph, reviews you have made, and any additional information you share publicly on the Site. However, other aspects of your personal information, such as your financial information, will never be shared or publicly displayed to other Users on the Site.
You may provide information to be posted on public areas of the Site as the reviews (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
You get to choose the data you share with us. Below are a few ways that you can take matters into your own hands and control specific uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Site to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings (if you want to stay incognito). If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Your Privacy Choices
Reach out to us at any time to update, change, or delete the personal information we maintain about you. And if you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, alerts, or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time at the bottom of an email, or by contacting email@example.com. It's that simple!
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automated information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: a) advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers; b) analytics companies; c) your mobile device manufacturer; or d) your mobile service provider. As much as we would like to dictate what these third parties do, we are unable to control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
International Privacy Laws and Your Rights Under The GDPR
If you are an European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are an European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether it's stored in a physical or digital format, we always work towards making sure your information is safe and secure. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions and Personal Information will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like chats and message boards. Any user of the Site may view the information you share in public areas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We appreciate how important privacy is to you. We want you to understand why we collect and sometimes share information about you and how this can benefit you. Simply stated, by knowing more about you, we can provide a greater range of information, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.